Services Fees and Charges
Acquisition - 0.75% of property value
- 6 months sourcing service
- Discuss local market conditions
- Advice on market research
- Property viewings and advice
- Negotiating purchase price
- Act as representative of buyer on all legal conveyancing matters to exchange of contracts and completion
- Act as power of attorney if required
- Liaise with selling agent or vendor
- Collect keys on completion
- Manage utility and council tax customer accounts
Initial fee of £1,250 payable on acceptance of instruction.
Pre-letting service - £150 plus travel expenses
Prior to contract a pre-letting service is available for your convenience. The benefit of this is to have someone you can depend on, available at short notice to manage your property affairs on your behalf.
- Visual check
- Liaise with developer if new build
Letting with full management - 12% of rent per property
- Discuss local market conditions
- Advise on preparation of the property for letting
- Provide guidance on compliance and health & safety
- Tenant sourcing in line with the landlord regulation requirements
- Erect board outside property - where appropriate
- Market the property and advertise on relevant portals
- Carry out accompanied viewings
- Collect & hold tenant deposit/s as stakeholder
- Provide tenant with method for rent payments and remit rent
- Deduct commission and any pre-tenancy invoices
- Make any necessary HMRC deduction
- Operate rent arrears process should rent not be received
- Prior to the end of tenancy, discuss renewal with market research or carry out termination process
- Advise and carry out necessary (NRL) Non-Resident Landlords HMRC tax registration*
- Make any necessary HMRC deductions if applicable
- Arrange routine repairs and instruct approved contractors where required
- Liaise with utility suppliers
- Hold keys throughout the tenancy
- Negotiate and approve supplier invoices
- Retain a working fund and deal with day to day management
- Arrange gas safety record, electrical reports, portable appliance testing, smoke & carbon monoxide alarms where required
- Carry out a property visit at least once per year
- Provide 24 hours emergency service
- Some additional fees may apply pending on individual circumstances. See additional fees below for details
Initial Set up fee £400 applies.
Short let with full management - 20% of rent per property
Letting period from a few weeks to 6 months are considered as short lets.
Initial set up fee £400 applies.
Sales Personalised - 1% of sale price - sole agency, 1.5% of sale price - multi agency
- Highly experienced professional will support every step of the way
- Provide display to leading property websites including, Rightmove, Zoopla, Primelocation
- Regular website visitor activity reports as required
- Professional advice on how to dress properly
- Professional marketing photography
- Regular emails to database of potential buyers
- Conduct viewings on your behalf
- Provide post-viewing feedbacks
- Handle all negotiation communications on your behalf
- Manage your sale from offer to completion
Initial fee £500 payable on acceptance of instruction, refunded on completion of sale.
Vacant management - £150 per month
It is important to ensure your vacant home is cared for. Our vacant management service offers:
- Post collection and forwarding
- Visual checks - internal and external
- Run taps and flush toilets – to prevent legionnaire disease
- Arrange cleaning when required
- Tenant referencing, AML, Right to Rent checks per person: £100 including VAT*
- Tenant/s Check-in and Check-out: £200 including VAT*
- Preparation of tenancy for new tenant/s: £375 including VAT*
- Preparation of a detailed inventory if by an internal inventory clerk.
Estimates: 1bed/Studio £125, 2 beds £175, 3 beds £250, 4 beds £375, 5 beds £450. Prices may vary depending on type and size of property.
- Preparation of an extension for the existing tenancy: £90 including VAT*
- Preparation of new Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement for existing tenancy: £125 including VAT*
- Withdrawal from a Lettings Agreed Offer: 6 months of % rental including VAT* even if not negotiated by us.
- Preparing schedules of dilapidations (damages) if required: £150 including VAT*
- For each of the below: £60 including VAT* plus mileage if relevant at £0.50 pence per mile;
Consultancy for the following:
- additional visits to a property;
- waiting time per hour at the property;
- installation of smoke alarms or carbon monoxide detectors;
- obtaining consent from a lender or a superior Landlord;
- insurance claims (per hour)
- serving notices – Sections 13 Rent increase of Periodic Tenancies, 21 or 8 AST Possession
- preparation of documentation for court proceedings or TDS adjudication
- Court attendance to represent the landlord: £120/hour plus reasonable costs and expenses
- Visits during a void period for each visit (one every 2 weeks) to validate insurance: £80 including VAT*
- Health & Safety risk assessment (against Legionnaires) vacant management: £150/month including VAT*
- Additional refurbishment quotes (3rd quote or more): £45 per quote including VAT*
- Refurbishment works: 10% net cost over £1000 including VAT*
- Tax retention for a non-resident landlord per quarter: £100 including VAT*
- Duplicate statements, account details provided to the Landlord or his accountant: for statements covering all or part of the tax year: £30 including VAT
- Commissioning certifications ie: EPC, PAT tests, Gas Safety etc: £70 / certificate including VAT*
- Application for Local Authourity Landlord Licences: £100/licence including VAT*
- Cost of specialist advertising or brochures: details upon request and subject to additional charges.
- Bank Charges - Making payment to or receiving payment from overseas: £35 including VAT* per transaction
*Assents Property is currently not VAT registered. The current 20% VAT does not apply to commission, fees charged by us. At such time that we become VAT registered, VAT will be payable and the VAT number will be made available.
We reserve the right to adjust commission, fees and charges during the terms of business period, giving at least one month’s notice.
Note: Additional fees apply pending on specific requirements. Please contact us for more details.