What does Landlords need to be aware of today?
Did you know there are currently 151 laws relating to landlords and over 400 regulations? We are living in fast-moving times and legal changes to the rental industry are happening all the time, which makes it challenging for landlords to keep up to date.
Here are some examples that today’s Landlords need to be aware of:-
- Registering deposits (capped at 5 weeks’ rent)
- Managing Gas Safety Certificates
- PAT testing and fixed Electrical testing
- Legionella risk assessments
- Fit and test smoke alarms
- A valid Energy Performance Certificate (EPC), at least Grade E required
- Registration with ICO
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) compliance
- Checking tenants have the Right to Rent
- Further changes being discussed by the government and compliances
As an overseas Landlord, working with a good, reputable property management agent can save you time and money, but will also ensure that you remain compliant and on the right side of the law. To be non-compliant puts you at risk of hefty fines, criminal prosecution and can endanger the lives of tenants.
Assents Property – London, is an unusual property agency and very proud of the quality we provide our clients. It is our goal to dispel the idea that ‘all estate or property agents are the same’.
We want our clients to be able to trust us, to be able to heed our advice without qualms and to feel truly comfortable when dealing with us. That way we know we are adding value to every transaction we are involved in.
This also means that we are creating lasting relationships with our clients who, more often than not, are making hugely important and deeply personal financial decisions when buying, renting or selling their investments.
Contact us today for a chat at [email protected] or give us a call on +44 (0) 7954324477.